Applications Now Open for CIMA's Sync Mission to Los Angeles 2019
CIMA will be staging a third mission to connect the Canadian independent music industry to sync opportunities in film, television and streaming media in the USA. This expanded Sync Summit for 10 Canadian music professionals will span over three-days to facilitate new relationships with American music supervisors through the Guild of Music Supervisors.
For over a decade, CIMA has targeted the Los Angeles market with individual missions for showcases and trade. Domestically (with partner CMPA), we have brought music supervisors to Toronto for our Canadian Music Café, which just celebrated its 10th year. In 2019, we will combine the above business missions with showcasing for the first time, also incorporating an inaugural songwriting workshop component with guidance from new consultants in the Guild of Music Supervisors.
WHEN: November 4-7, 2019
- A dinner and introduction session upon arrival in Los Angeles.
- Showcasing opportunity during the mission
- B2B opportunities will include an educational component on the role of music supervisors and how to pitch to them, casual fireside chats and a formal networking session to build relationships within the supervision community.
- Songwriting workshop with guidance from consultants in the Guild of Music Supervisors.
- This mission is limited to 10 companies, and each company will be limited to 1 participant.
ASSISTANCE: Via reimbursement of up to 75% of travel-related (economy air, ground transportation) and accommodation/per diem expenses for up to 10 applicants.
FEE: CIMA members discounted rate of $995 CDN, while the non-member fee is $1495 CDN.
SHOWCASE: CIMA is currently looking for 4-5 showcasing artists who are export-ready. Each artist must be accompanied by a business representative. Due to the songwriting workshop, we are looking for artists/bands with songwriters to participate in these sessions.
Approved companies will be notified by the mid September. Please note, the applications should demonstrate that the company meets the following priorities:
· Businesses looking to build their relationships in the LA sync/Film/TV environment
· Businesses looking for key insight into the sync process and upcoming projects
· Business representative that control the rights to the catalogues they represent
· Company representatives in attendance must be able to secure deals on behalf of their artist/roster
· Managers, labels, publishers and self-represented artist entrepreneurs may apply
DEADLINE: Friday, September 6, 2019 at 5PM (EST)